Schedule your own free, personal initial consultation now. .

Request a quote ­






placeholder thumbnail





When checking the qualification of interpreters, you need to be careful since the professional designations "interpreter," "conference interpreter," "simultaneous interpreter" or "liaison interpreter" are not protected.


Qualification: the work of a conference interpreter is demanding and the training is usually obtained by studying at a university. In Germany the university courses to train as a conference interpreter (degree: qualified interpreter) have been converted to the degree of Master of Arts (MA) in Conference Interpreting as part of the Bologna Process. This will also make it possible for graduates of different university courses to obtain the qualification as an interpreter (MA) by taking a further course of study. Private schools and other facilities also offer interpreting exams but these are not at the level of those offered by Universities and advanced technical colleges and are therefore often not recognized by international organizations and language services within public bodies.

*Courtesy of the VKD im BDÜ e.V.